Outsourcing is an excellent option to ensure maximum efficiency and functionality of organizations whose main activity is information technology. Efficiency is achieved by transferring one of the directions of the company’s activity, which is not specialized for the customer, to another organization, which specializes in it.
Advantages of outsourcing
Advantages and prospects for use are:
- Quality IT management, which results in lower costs and the fastest possible solution of indirect problems;
- reduction or elimination of budget expenses for search of professionals with corresponding profile and technical education, savings on education and training, certification and licensing;
- there is no need to organize substitutions and duplication in case of illness or rest days of employees, payment of vacations and sick leave;
- use of company resources for the main tasks and specialized purposes;
- attracting highly qualified personnel for one-time specialized work and supporting the operation of networks and servers in an uninterrupted mode, thus maintaining the necessary quality and service.
Which is better – outsourcing or hired professional?
In order to understand how to organize the work of the organization better – by hiring a specialist in the company staff or by attracting an outsourcing company from outside – you need to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages and compare the options.
Pros and cons of a staff member
Advantages of hiring a professional:
- direct management and organization of work of hired personnel;
- opportunity to involve employees in outside activities that are not related to their specialization;
- lack of dependence in decision-making and task performance on the contractor.
Disadvantages of maintaining a specialist in the staff:
- Constant payments from the maintenance budget, i.e. salaries, vacation and sick leave.
- Lack of control by the management of the organization due to the complex nature of the work.
- The need to search and select professionals and the cost of the competition, training and certification. This is especially true for small companies with high staff turnover.
- Problems with the introduction and integration of new technology and the emergence of innovations in the work, because of this increase in risks associated with it and the increase in the time required to complete tasks.
- Decrease in the quality of performance due to the guarantee of job preservation and uniformity of the work process.
Pros and cons of outsourcing
As for the external company providing outsourcing services in the IT sphere, the advantages of its involvement are as follows:
- guarantee from the company in terms of quality of work performance and service provision in general;
- distribution of the activity in such a way that the maximum attention was paid to the main directions and processes without distraction for additional tasks;
- absence of necessity to search and select personnel, check the specialist’s compliance, training and certification;
- fast integration of innovative ideas and technologies in the company’s activity;
- instant knowledge of innovations and training of the customer’s personnel.
As for disadvantages of ordering the services of the outsourcer company, there are practically no such disadvantages. However, many business leaders note:
- fear of the organization’s dependence on the contractor;
- the risk of loss or leakage of information, which is confidential to the customer.
Modern it outsourcing can become your reliable assistant, so use this service if you need help in the specified category of services.